NorthSouth GIS Broadens the Power of GIS at the Port of Tacoma
with upgrades and enhancements to the existing Enterprise GIS
The Port of Tacoma is a thriving seaport with more than 2,700 acres of industrially zoned property and a major contributor of the estimated 40% of Washington jobs related to international trade.
- Largest port in the northwestern United States
- Employs internal security force
- Mix of container, breakbulk, agricultural, RORO, military deployments
A highly dynamic environment, with numerous departments needing to collaborate. Other challenges:
- Over a decade of start-and-stop GIS activities
- Need for easier access and update process for 22,000+ sheet CAD drawing repository
- Intense interest in asset, planning and maintenance management
The NSGIS Solution
Enhancements to the existing Esri-based Enterprise GIS and integration and exposure of data from across the organization via Geocortex Essentials to address real estate, security, maintenance and environmental issues:
- Broader acceptance and usage by staff.
- New applications for real estate, security and short term event planning, general document and engineering drawing repositories, and map data redlining.
- Delivery and integration of GIS and CAD geospatial information via PortView – the Port-wide Intranet GIS web map viewer.
NorthSouth GIS is now offering the delivery of similar capabilities as implemented at the Port of Tacoma for both on-site implementation or via our cost effective, secure cloud technology deployment.
Call us at (800) 866-5013 ext 11 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org today!