NorthSouth GIS strengthens security and interdepartmental operations at the Port of Oakland, benefitting both the Seaport and Airport
The Port of Oakland is a combined seaport and airport agency in the San Francisco Bay area, supporting approximately 50,000 jobs in the Northern California region. It is the fifth busiest container port in the USA and the fourth busiest airport in California. The Port of Oakland is reliant on the City of Oakland for police and fire response on land, and on the County of Alameda and the United States Coast Guard in the water. The Port is a mix of industrial, commercial, residential, and recreational land use.
The Port of Oakland is a highly dynamic environment, with numerous departments needing to collaborate when responding to:
- Significant threat profile: civil unrest, terrorism, earthquake
- Rapid reduction of internal staff and increased reliance on outside contractors
- Port tightly interwoven with the City of Oakland’s central business district
- Need for a common view of information
The NSGIS Solution
NSGIS implemented an Esri-based Enterprise GIS that cuts across the organization to address operational, security, engineering and environmental issues:
- Regional and port-specific data and ready-made maps served directly from Esri ArcGIS Server to other software and systems.
- Integrated display of static GIS data and dynamic data including vessels, weather, live camera feeds, 360° imagery and engineering drawing repository.
- Delivery and integration of GIS and CAD geospatial information via PortView – the Port-wide Intranet GIS web map viewer.
NorthSouth GIS is now offering the delivery of similar capabilities as implemented at the Port of Oakland for both on-premise implementation or via our cost effective, secure cloud technology deployment.
Call us at (800) 866-5013 ext 11 or email us at email@example.com!