Posted November 2, 2018
We have an opening for a Web Developer in Los Angeles:
NSGIS is a respected GIS consulting and software development firm with clients in local government, water utilities and ports. NSGIS is seeking a Web Developer to work on client and internal projects. Initial assignment is on-site at a client site, working with both our off-site and client’s on-site development teams.
The Web Developer is an even-tempered, even-paced, high-productivity and creative HTML/JS UI developer who is eager to learn and can pick up the pace when necessary to meet production requirements. The developer has to work well in a small project team, sometimes taking direction or suggestions from others, sometimes taking the lead on tasks, and sometimes working alone in a self-directed fashion. The primary tasks involve non-map related web UI development, but over time the Developer may add skills to develop GIS and map related UI development or move into backend process automation, web service creation, or some database programming. Primary environments are Windows, Microsoft ASP.Net, HTML/JS, SQL Server, and Esri based.
The Developer’s ability to listen, read, understand and follow direction is paramount. Ability to communicate and explain direction, ask questions and seek clarifications is very important. Ability to clearly, fully and proactively document work is critical.
For your initial assignment you will:
- Work to modernize a high-volume public data access government website
- Convert storyboards and graphics from a UX designer into functional controls
- Develop new buttons, forms, table controls, reports
- Consume REST web services into a JS-driven HTML website
- Embed annotation in code as well as provide as-built documentation
- Test and optimize site for desktop, mobile, cross-browser compatibility
- Deliver properly-tested, organized, bug-free code, on-time
- Two-plus (2+) years of experience using the ASP.NET MVC and WebApi frameworks
- Three-plus (3+) years of experience in developing ASP.Net applications using C#
- Software design skills using the Object-oriented design process
- Production experience with at least one responsive frontend framework like Bootstrap, Foundation, DoJo, Material CSS
- Knowledge of advanced debugging techniques and usage of browser developer tools
- Experience with graphics software taking PSDs and slicing into usable assets for the web
Nice to Haves:
- DevExpress UI library experience
- Experience with .NET components such as Managed Extensibility Framework (MEF) and Language Integrated Query (LINQ)
- Any prior GIS or web mapping experience
- Experience with Esri’s ArcGIS JS API
- Experience with Esri’s ArcGIS Online development environment, especially Web AppBuilder
The initial assignment requires on-site work in Downtown Los Angeles. Includes commuting allowance. No telecommuting.
This is a W-2 hire, no 1099s. No H-1B sponsorship.