Posted December 6, 2018
Full Charge Bookkeeper, Marketing Support, Office Manager
Compensation$24 to $29 Hourly
Start a New Year with a New Job!
NorthSouth GIS (NSGIS) is currently seeking a Full Charge Bookkeeper, Marketing Support and Office Manager to join our team and help us grow and diversify! You will be responsible for all of the accounting needs of our boutique information technology consulting and software company, as well as handling our light HR and Office Management requirements. Plus help us with marketing activities (no sales). Start with 20 hours per week, but may grow to a full-time position with benefits over time.
- All A/R and A/P, including working with project managers to track, approve and invoice clients for consulting time, expenses and software sales.
- Track, report, and process sales tax on software, including out of state
- Track and advise business owner on upcoming cash needs for business licenses, tax payments, Accounts Payable, loan payments, etc.
- Prepare accounts for quarterly and annual tax filings and payments
- Generate reports for project managers, owner, and clients using QuickBooks, company online systems, and Excel
- Run payroll
- File HR documents and maintain health insurance enrollments
- Keep employee manual up to date and ensure staff receive updates
- Maintain benefits summary updated for recruitment
- Keep up with employment laws and inform staff and management
Office and Business Management
- Renew insurance policies, ensure proper coverage for projects and obtain certificates
- Fill out annual insurance audits
- Obtain and maintain appropriate municipal, county and state business licenses
- Produce project profitability reports
- Paper and electronic filing on office network and various company online systems
- Light office duties, supplies and cleaning (we have a janitorial service)
- Maintain social media presence
- Build and maintain mailing lists
- Manage digital and print marketing campaigns
- Maintain Customer Relationship Management software
- Desire to learn our business and engage in our success
- Associate’s or Bachelor’s Degree in bookkeeping or accounting
- 7 years of proven experience with not more than 5 years since last experience
- Significant experience with desktop QuickBooks (QuickBooks Online may be OK)
- Significant comfort using software to perform required duties
- Some marketing experience
- Current social media skills
- Experience with both professional services consulting and taxable product sales
- Experience with a multi-state offices, personnel and clientele
- Managing a significant aspect of HR, preferably multi-state
- Excellent English communication skills, both written and spoken
- Ability to prioritize and multitask
- Strong organizational skills
- Deadline and detail-oriented
Please email resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.